Our testing services identify any errors, defects or failures, all of which have potential consequences for the performance and reliability of software applications.
When customers receive a software product, they expect it will perform as outlined in vendor specifications. Functional testing checks specific features of an application to assess whether it works as intended, meets business requirements and delivers on user expectations.
Testing allows businesses to identify faults and ensure they are getting the best value from their software.
Our testing services include:
- Assisting the customer with the planning of functional testing
- Test cases execution
- Documentation of results
Integration testing provides a second layer of testing. A component may work in isolation but create issues while interacting with another component. Integration testing establishes whether individual components are working together as they were designed to.
- Integration testing provides an extra layer of reliability
- It enables problems to be more easily resolved before they reach a system level
User Acceptance Testing
Also known as End-User Testing, this type of testing takes place during actual usage to evaluate whether the application works to specified business requirements in real-time scenarios.
- Gives insight into the end-user experience
- Enables issues that negatively affect the user experience to be discovered and resolved early
Performance testing measures the stability, speed, scalability, and responsiveness of an application under a typical workload. Performance is key to a good user experience. It’s therefore important to discover whether the software is capable of meeting performance requirements.
- Improves the user experience
- Reduces the risk of downtime
- Improves scaling by checking how the application functions under a larger workload